Friday, July 08, 2011

summer lovin'

hello, blog world! (not that anyone reads this anymore...)

it has been quite a while since my last post, more than 1 year and 5 months to be exact. recently i have been thinking about blogging more and have started to look back at all my old bookmarks of the blogs i used to read. needless to say, i was inspired. i also have a little more time on my hands since my school is on summer vacay and i am finally done (for now) with my own personal education endeavors.

here's an update on what i've been up to lately:

  • i'm a Master! a Master of Arts in Teaching, that is! i finally finished my project for my master's degree and graduated last spring from USF.
  • i went to the Philippines. my trip in one word: hot.
  • playing hostess to close friends visiting the Bay.
  • thinking deeply about a slight career change. well, maybe not a career change exactly, more like a career redirection.
  • weddings galore! which means, bachelorette parties, galore! traveled to Miami, Vegas, and SoCal all in the month of June. which explains why i cannot believe it is already July!
  • 2 years married to my crazy husband.
  • practicing for my annual ho'ike later this month.

after looking over this list, it doesn't seem like too much, but it has definitely kept me occupied. i am, for the first time in a while, enjoying these summer days of relaxation, quiet moments at home, and soaking up the sun we've been having lately. i am reading more, cleaning more, stressing less, going to the gym, and spending lot of quality time with David, who is finally back on the day shift! all in all, life is grand. that is not to say it hasn't been challenging, because it definitely has not been an easy ride the past few months. but when i think about the blessings i have and so much good that is happening around me, the tough stuff sinks into the background a little bit. it's all about perspective, right?

3 comments:

Reen said...

I'm so happy you posted! I'll try to do it when I get the chance. Love you, Dee!

franny said...

yay! you posted! :) i know i'm like a month late, but still...

miss you, my friend!

dee said...

love you both! <3