Saturday, September 03, 2011

Weddings

This weekend, one of my best girlfriends from high school will be getting married.  I chatted with her on the phone last night, and she was filling me in on all the wedding drama going on, as well exclaiming as her excitement to see how all the planning she has been doing will fit together.  She sounded happy, and I couldn't help getting giddy over celebrating with her and all of our friends.

My memories refer back to the day David and I got married -- the happiest day of my life. I know people always say that, but it's true. We promised, before God, to love each other forever. Our family and friends stood by us, promising also to support us throughout our lives. We partied and danced the night away, ending the evening with a song that still makes me smile whenever I hear it --Don't Stop Believin'

This will be the 4th wedding we will have attended in 2011!  There's just something about weddings that is magical.  Maybe it's the dressing up part, or the pretty decorations and fancy desserts.  Heck, the open bar can cause fireworks on its own!  For me, what really sets a wedding apart from all the others is the interaction between the couple.  A couple in love doesn't have to act like they're on a show at their wedding.  There's no such thing as a bridezilla or groomzilla.  There's no fake, plastered smile for pictures, or forced small talk with the guests.  The stress of the day cannot be seen on their faces, just love for one another and pure joy.  It simply cannot be staged.

People always say that marriage is the end of your life as you know it.  For me, marriage has given me a life I could not have imagined.  It is not easy, and it is not for the weak.  It requires daily effort from both the husband and the wife, and constant prayer.  Marriage truly is a sacrament of service.  I love being married, and am so happy for all of my dear friends and family who have chosen this path in life. 

That is all.  I'm done preaching. :)

3 comments:

Noreen said...

I love being married, too. We are so very blessed to have our dear husbands who love us with all their hearts :).

amDEEg said...

We are so blessed! How did we end up so lucky?! :)

Noreen said...

God loves us, and we listened to Him :).