Tuesday, January 10, 2006

you go and talk to Him...

i know i've expressed my difficulties with prayer lately, but today there was a turnaround. and it all started with a conversation...

i was making my way toward school, away from studying at starbucks and getting my daily dose of caffeine when a buddy of mine called me to continue our earlier conversation that took place a few hours before. it was a simple conversation -- no more than a few short minutes. she asked me where i was going and i told her i was off to pray at the big SI church before i would head over to class that would last for 5 hours. because prayer hasn't exactly been prevalent in my daily life i considered my trek over to the church to be significant, though i hadn't thought about what i was actually going to pray about while i was there. i just knew that i wanted -- no, needed -- to pray. then she said, "ok, you go and talk to Him." we promptly said our good-bye's and see you soon's...all the while those words hanging in the air with me not even fully noticing they were there.

i walked into the church and toward my usual spot (in front of the tabernacle with Mama Mary and the Baby Jesus on top), sat down and realized i didn't know how to begin. geez...just a few weeks without prayer and i had already forgotten.

i became aware of my friend's words at that moment...talk to Him. and that was all i needed to begin a heartfelt conversation with someone whom i missed very much, and who missed me even more.

thanks, my popular friend.
how i miss thee.



No comments: