Sunday, January 01, 2006

the things you'd do for a picture...

HAPPY 2006!!!

well, my new year's didn't exactly start off on the right foot! we actually missed the freakin' countdown!!! so, nobody in my family was paying attention...we were talking and eating and just goofing off when somebody says, "hey it's 5 minutes till the ball drops!" so we scrambled to get the wine ready and passed it out to everyone. my uncle shouted, "two more minutes!" and so i told my dad to take a picture of my brother, sister, and me. out of the corner of my eye i see my two cousins jump high in the air (we always jump when the clock turns to midnight...supposedly it makes you grow. go figure...) and i think to myself "are they practicing or something?" and then after the picture is all done everyone is greeting each other happy new year and we've missed it!!! =/ i think my uncle meant 2 SECONDS and not 2 minutes. no one even shouted out the coundown as we usually do!!! grrr....well, i suppose the good thing is that i have a picture of me and the sib's taken exactly during the first seconds of 2006. wowmomwow.


so i basically started the new year off LATE and taking a PICTURE...sounds like classic dee, huh?!

5...4...3...2...wait a minute!




before the drinks...






after the drinks...

haha, yeah right. look at my two innocent cousins trying to "act" drunk.




our signature jump at midnight. anyone else's family do this?!?!




No comments: