Tuesday, June 27, 2006

taking over

so today was my first official day of student teaching. at first i was a bit annoyed that i had to do student teaching still because that's pretty much what i did all school year last year but they couldn't count it because it was a "job" or whatever. but i'm trying hard to look at it with new eyes and just be grateful i'm getting more experience in the classroom. after this summer, i will have actually had experience teaching a bit in every single grade except 4th and 8th! i'm in a 2nd/3rd grade combo class right now and my master teaching had this emergency thing she had to take care of smack in the middle of class so i actually led the class for the rest of the afternoon. talk about just throwing you in there!!! luckily, i survived. we'll see how the rest of the time goes...



* * *
franny: moving to so cal? hmm....maybe one day! so is the alchemist appropriate for middle school? maybe 7th or 8th? i've never read it. i think august is perfect...let me know.

guru G: hi. i miss you, too. i really like that picture as well...so much, in fact, that i put it in my scrapbook. wanna come visit my class? you can teach music!!!

gian: hello gian. it's ok for not calling me back...you made up for it last night. and it's ok about the happiest race on earth...though, you better be there to cheer me on. unless you are gone by then. which, in that case, mabye i'll send you my medal. maybe. see you up here soon!

kirsten: hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! i know i miss you already, too! did you get my text a few weeks ago? every time i see the new MAC collection (you know the one that's in teal cases) i think of you....SO your style! i better see you up here soon!

No comments: