Tuesday, January 09, 2007

this will be a quickie...

i'm here at school during my one and only prep time during the week and i am using these precious moments to blog. i gave my 8th graders and assignment yesterday and it was to read King's "I Have a Dream" speech and highlight parts that moved and/or inspired them, or write down questions they had while reading. i went around the room checking to see if they did the assignment. one of my students presented a blank sheet -- nothing highlighted, no notes, no nothing.

"Ok class, I see that most of you have done the assignment correctly and completed what I asked of you -- thank you."

"Uh, sorry Miss H, I didn't highlight anything because I thought that the whole speech was inspirational and if I highlighted, it would take up too much ink."

these kids will think of anything to get them out of trouble.


in other news, my observation went suuuuuper well! so excited and thankful!!! =)


better post to come later...

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: