Sunday, October 29, 2006

birthday WEEKEND.

this weekend was wonderful. i always envisioned having an extravagant birthday bash for my quarter-century birthday -- you know, surrounded by all my friends at the club or on a yacht for a cruise around the bay (ahem). that's the kind of stuff you hear everyone doing for their 25th. my entrance into the "mid-twenties," however, wasn't as crazy as i had thought it would be.

as the clock struck midnight i was sitting in the car, driving around sf with david and my friends trying to look for parking. we partied at a place called dragon bar and danced to some hip-hop and 80's beats. we were the only ones in the club that sang along to "poison"...i thought everyone knew that song?! the next day, my real birthday, was filled with errands. david drove me around the entire day as i ordered my cake, attended my students' volleyball game, took care of some stuff at school, got my eyebrows done, and picked up food for my party. we then drove 2 hours to sacramento to meet up with my family to celebrate. my mom and aunts and uncles really worked hard at cooking all the food and preparing. it really was the best way to spend my birthday -- surrounded by everyone i love. what more could a girl ask for?

i thought that if i wasn't going to party it up at the club i might as well party hard with the fam. turning 25 was my excuse for getting drunk in front of my family, and no one really opposed. heck, some of my uncles even joined in! grey goose and silver patron...mmmmmmm.




gathered around the table of plenty


first shot of the night. i even made david take one!


i think we're on #3 at this point


david, what are you doing? (this is david after one shot of tequila...)


the real dee is coming out now (this is dee after 3 shots of tequila...)


this is definitely going to be in the slideshow guys


family bonding is fun



thanks to everyone who celebrated with me and for all the texts, calls, and emails i received. sometimes you can't help feel as though you're forgotten once you leave, and it's nice to know that people still care about little old me. :) i am truly grateful. i even got 2 calls from gian! one to say thanks for the cards, and another to say "sorry i didn't tell you happy birthday when i first called you but i forgot and just checked my planner and had to buy another phone card to call you." that guy cracks me up.

thanks, God, for a great birthday and another year of life.

No comments: